BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management
CRICOS Course Code: 088170K
Duration: 33 teaching weeks plus up to 7 weeks holiday
Note: If in-take is in Term 3 there will be 7 weeks holiday instead of the normal 6 as this will include the 4 weeks Christmas break.
Purpose: This qualification provides skills and knowledge required to perform effectively as a manager, team leader or supervisor managing a workplace. It will develop skill base and knowledge and awareness of management practice. Workers at this level operate at an advanced skill level and may also have responsibility for the supervision of other staff and volunteers.
Graduates of the Diploma of Management will develop an understanding of the dynamics and principles underlying effective functioning of work groups, as well as the necessary skills to competently function within small and/or large organisations.
Job Opportunities: Corporate or middle manager managing a workplace, supervisor in both business and government sectors, team leader.
Preferred pathways for candidates considering this qualification include:
- After achieving the BSB40212 Certificate IV in Business or other relevant qualification/s OR
- With vocational experience but without formal supervision or management qualification AND
- Year 12 or equivalent and 18 years old or over at the time of enrolment.
International students: IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
Entry Requirements for the course will depend on the Immigration Department assessment level for the country. At present, countries are classified from Level 1 to Level 3. See the relevant website: http://www.immi.gov.au/Study/Pages/student-visa-assessment-levels.aspx for more details on Assessment level requirements for your country.
Completion: Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a nationally recognised BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management. Students who do not complete all units may be eligible for a Statement of Attainment in partial completion of a BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management.
Units: To gain BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management you must successfully complete all the following:
|Unit Codes||Unit Name||Type|
|BSBFIM501||Manage budget and financial plans||Elective|
|BSBMGT517||Manage operation plan||Core|
|BSBMGT502||Manage people performance||Elective|
|BSBLDR502||Lead and manage team effectiveness||Core|
|BSBHRM506||Manage Recruitment, selection and induction process||Elective|
|BSBCUS501||Manage quality customer service||Elective|
|BSBMGT516||Facilitate continuous improvement||Elective|
|BSBHRM512||Develop and manage performance management system||Elective|
|BSBWHS501||Ensure a safe workplace||Elective|
|BSBLDR501||Develop and use emotional intelligence||Core|
|BSBWOR502||Lead and Manage effective workplace relationships||Core|
- Establishing a training environment using a range of equipment to simulate a business environment. Within the assessment of the units, students are required to participate in simulated activities that closely reflect workplace processes and unexpected or contingency related activities
- Practice exercises that reinforce the required interpersonal skills for individual and group work.
- Simulated training activities in the classroom involving individuals, pairs and small group activities.
- Learner activity to support training independent reading and research projects.